Monday, November 10, 2014

Grandma Ranes Comes To Texas

We sure do wish we lived closer to Grandma Ranes.  My mom just got a new job so before she started she came out for a few days to visit us.  I always try to cram as much as I can into her visit so she can get a taste of where we live :)  Our first afternoon we went to the Galleria and walked around.      That night we found a little Thai place in Frisco that turned out to be so yummy and you can't come visit without going to Braum's!!  I should've taken a picture of Al's huge banana split.  I will never understand where he puts it or how he can eat so much sugar.
We really only had 2 full days with my mom so for 1 we went to Tiny Tot Tuesday at the Arboretum. They had their beautiful pumpkin village up, a petting zoo, and free face painting.  Alex picked out Batman so naturally Cole wanted that too.  I still look at this picture and can't believe he held perfectly still while they painted Batman on his face...lol
Great weather, but a little too hot by the end.
Cole calls my mom Bramma and it's so cute.  Bramma, Bramma, Bramma

 Admiring their matching Batman face paintings.
Alex loves anyone that will read books to him, but his favorite is definitely my mom.  Their special book to read together is Go Dog Go.  I could hear them laughing in his room when it says to the tree, to the tree.  
We went to see Gone Girl that night and of course I got us a huge popcorn and diet coke.  It was like a super intense Lifetime movie.  When I was laying in bed that night Al asked is that your heart beating?   Guess I drank too much caffeine, haha.
Her last day we went to the Mary Kay Museum in Dallas.
So many great pink photo opps

We also hit the Allen outlets, lunch at Chuys and then picked Alex up from preschool.  About an hour later they had an Ebola outbreak a few miles from our house.  Say What??  My friend posted this on FB and our kids go to the same preschool.  My friends were freaking out going to Costco and thinking they may not be able to leave the house for days.  It's been about a month and supposedly it's  contained and the people that had it are no longer in Dallas and actually survived Ebola.  So so scary.
We ended up hanging out at our house due to Ebola and the boys got to try on their new Halloween pajamas Grandma brought them.  I love when they match, so cute!!
Our visit with Grandma was too short and we hope she can come back soon.  Alex asks me all the time can we go to Tootah to visit Grandma Ranes and Grandma Cameron :)  I'm hoping someday we will have the opportunity to live there again. 

No comments: