Sunday, December 14, 2014

Back To La La Land

I planned a trip to Los Angeles in September when I found out we were going to Utah for Coby's wedding.   I had a free flight I needed to use on JetBlue and since they don't really fly out of Dallas I figured out it would be cheaper than buying a roundtrip ticket from Dallas to SLC.  It's always a little nerve racking traveling with the kids by myself, but I really wanted to go back to California to see our friends.  I had 2 huge suitcases, 1 carry on, 2 car seats, my stroller, my purse, and 2 backpacks for them with iPads, snacks, and toys.  It was crazy!!
The flight turned out to be pretty easy.  They are both getting to good ages where they can entertain themselves and just eat snacks.  
Cole decided to take a nap the last 30 minutes and then cry after we got off the plane until we got into Ashlee's car.  At the baggage claim he was laying on the ground screaming and I was waiting for my pile of bags which I had no idea how I was getting to Ashlee's car.  I had to laugh because it was so insane and everyone was just staring at me.  That's one thing I don't miss about California.  People are so unhelpful and rude.   I saw some young Asian guys sitting down playing on their phones so I asked them if they would help me out to the curb and wha la just like that I made it to Ashlee's car :)
It had been 7 months since we moved, but in a way it still felt like our home.  Kind of bittersweet, but so good to be back in the beautiful sunshine!!   Our first stop was Americana which also kind of made me teary eyed because I spent so many days there wandering around, haha.  We had lunch at Din Tai Fung and I'm drooling over those green beans in the picture right now, yum.  Cole warmed up to Ashlee and it was just like old times.
Alex and Saige picked right up where they left off and Cole was the 3rd wheel again, haha.   Our favorite trolley ride around Americana.
We stopped at my favorite Lululemon and picked up a few sale items.  Thank goodness for iPads.
The new Sprinkles opened and I was so excited to sit outside and eat cupcakes and their amazing cookies.  It was a perfect afternoon!!
That evening we stopped at Amber's house for the kids to stretch out a bit and then met Laura at Tacos Ensenada!!!  Man do I miss our lunch dates there.  Best fish tacos and peppers ever!!

No comments: