Thursday, January 22, 2015

Sea World

It didn't get sunny until about 11am and then it warmed up and turned out to be the perfect day at Sea World. It was almost as good as SoCal weather :)  Al and I went to this Sea World in the fall of 2007 so it was fun to go back and think about how much our lives have changed since then.
While we were buying our passes we realized it was only $20 more per ticket to buy season passes so looks like we will be going back sometime in the next year :)  I'm not sure why they still had Shamu dressed up as Santa, but our kids thought it was cool and Cole wanted to touch his teeth.
Our first stop was the little kid area which was perfect for Alex, but Cole could only go on the merry go round.   I snuck of with Alex and went on the 30 second roller coaster ride.  I always thought I would be one of those parents that would ride the crazy rides with my kids, but the older I get the more sick they make me, haha.  
Brothers with the penguin.
Sea World has changed a lot since the movie Blackfish came out.  The shows are kind of lame now and you don't get to see near as much.
Our favorite exhibit was the dolphin pool which you can basically stand next to and watch them swim around.  
Brian and his little boy Rylan met us there for the day.  Cole and him are only a month apart.  We were going to take turns going on the roller coaster so Al and Brian went first and of course they had problems with it so after 15-20 minutes of waiting none of us got to go on it, bummer.
Sea World in the winter is definitely the way to go.  Good weather, no crowds, and short lines. 
On Sunday Alex went to Sunbeams!!  He was not a fan of sharing time and was basically screaming because I could hear him in the hallway.  The funniest part was that Al was sitting in there with his class, but we already know that Alex prefers me and Cole prefers Al.   He ended up having fun in class and made this crown which he still has and plays with everyday.   We are on week 3 of Sunbeams and he is fine now.  I also got a new calling that same day.....Relief Society Teacher.  I honestly sat there speechless when I got asked and told the Bishop I wanted to think about it. I decided it would help me grow and learn so I accepted it, but I'm honestly scared to death.  Here's to hoping I can get over my fear since I have to do it once a month.

No comments: