Monday, April 7, 2014

Disneyland Girls Night

This was one of my favorite Disney trips and it makes me smile looking at the pictures.  I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but someone was always pregnant or had a little baby.  I decided to plan it and make reservations at The Blue Bayou.  Amber and I left around 2 to get a head start on the rides and it was the best decision.  We hit all the big rides in California Adventure and then headed over to Disneyland to meet the rest of the group for dinner.  Our first ride was California Screamin and this picture is classic.  
Expressing our joy to not have strollers, snacks, diaper bags, or kids with us.  
Cars was our 2nd ride and we had the funniest experience.  Amber saw the guy riding in front of us and said he looks so familiar, I think he works with Adam (her husband).  I told her she should say something after the ride so she went up to him and was like do you know Adam Ward and he said no who's that and Amber said oh nobody and we walked off laughing.  Then some girls said he's famous, do you know his name?  We lost it and couldn't stop laughing because he's famous and that's why he looked familiar to Amber.  A few days later Amber figured out he was on Sex and the City.  
On the way to our next ride I bought a churro.  It was fresh, hot, and amazing.  I enjoyed every bite and  then there was only a 7 minute wait to ride Tower of Terror.  Amber had never been on any of these rides, so it was fun to hear if she liked them.  This is one of my favorites and right before it started she was texting.  I said Amber put that away or it's going to end up on the ceiling...lol   
Our last ride at California Adventure was Soarin.  I love that ride and it made me nostalgic thinking about how incredible California is.  You have the beach, ocean, mountains, forests, outdoor activities and of course the weather.  It was such a fun afternoon and it only got better when we got to Disneyland.  We were starving so we got some popcorn to tide us over until dinner and guess what they had just popped it so it seriously melted in our mouths, YUM.  
Amber is allergic to gluten so it's always tricky going out to eat with her:)   Luckily almost every restaurant has something gluten free these days.  Randomly the waiter came out to meet her and discuss food options with her?  Hilarious.
It was such a fun dinner with lots of diet coke, yummy food, and we got the chef to come out for a picture.  
The lines were pretty crazy after dinner so we only made it on the Matterhorn and Indiana Jones.  We started waiting in line for Space Mountain around 10:30, but the line was an hour long so we decided to skip it and get ice cream on Main Street instead. 
Amber and I were so excited when we got out of our car that afternoon that neither of us paid attention to where we parked.   All we knew is that we came down an escalator..lol  We had to wander around for a good 10 minutes before we found my car and thankfully we didn't have a stroller with us.  We were also lucky since that a lot of people had left the park so the garage was pretty empty and made it easier to spot my car.  The perfect ending to an amazing day.  So glad we did this and I don't know if I will ever want to do Disney another way :)

1 comment:

SupaFlowaPowa said...

lol - how fun! what's odd is - for most of my life, this is the only way I knew how to do Disneyland so when I had kids - we've only been a few times but I can't ever imagine getting an annual pass - it just seems like so much work going by yourself or with other girls - you're amazing for doing it so many times!!! HAHAHAHA. in junior high, we did disneyland with all girls all the time and always got picked up by random guys and it was so fun hahaha then in hs and college - there were double dates and date nights with guys you thought oh might be special cuz we're going to d-land! hahaha but my last time going - i thought to myself, i ain't coming back here unless i got kids or am married. hahahaha i am so glad you go to go and eat at Blue Bayou! one off the bucket list!