We haven't drove to Utah for 2 years and I told myself I would never do it again after Alex got the flu on the drive home last time. It's funny how we slowly forget those things and think it wasn't that bad, I can do it again except this time it was to pick up my Grandmas piano and hutch. We left around 4 that day and got to Utah around 3am. Al loves to drive at night and always thinks the kids will sleep the entire time. We stopped in Vegas around 8pm at the most ghetto play land I've ever seen. We were desperate so they played and touched who knows what kind of germs. They both fell asleep around 9pm and then Cole was awake from 11-2, it was nuts. He was asking for snacks, watching tv, and giving me anxiety. Thankfully they both went right to bed when we got to Liz's, phew. On Friday morning we went to see my mom at work and took her to lunch.
We went to an amazing new Mexican restaurant across the street called Alamexo, yum. These two were happy to see there Grandma. When Cole saw her, he went running up and gave her a hug, so sweet.
That night Al's parents had a birthday party for Alex. Here he is with his favorite cousin Briyler.
So happy to be with his family and having cake too!!
The cousins helping Alex open his new present!!
A new bike from Grandma and Grandpa. Now we need to teach him how to ride it.
I talked everyone into going to Scheels to ride the Ferris Wheel. We had so much fun, but it was crazy with a group that big.
I always thought ferris wheels were completely safe, but I did not feel that way on this one. Every time we moved I thought it we were going to flip over.
Uncle Al and Aunt Whitney
Group shot. Thanks Ryan for taking the picture.
On Saturday we had a busy day eating cookies and drinking dirty diet cokes. Al picked up the Uhaul trailer for us to tow back to LA and then we had dinner at good ol Shanghai. My mom and I stopped at Walgreens on the way back to Liz's to get Cole some medicine for his mouth. Our skin doesn't adapt well to the dry weather even if it's just for a few days. We tried on some sretchy shirts before we found the medicine :) Too much Diet Coke for us.
Sunday was the big day for moving the piano and hutch and then towing it back to LA. Am I crazy, yes. Did we spend more in gas and renting the trailer than both of the items are worth, yes.
My Grandma was so sweet to let me rummage through all her stuff. I got a piano, hutch, beautiful blue and white dishes, lots of crystal serving wear, and the cookie kettle which reminded me of her house growing up. I love heirlooms!!
We stopped at Al's grandparents on the way home to have dinner and say hi to everyone. I always thought we would eventually move back to Utah, but as the years go on we keep moving further away and it makes me a little teary eyed to know my kids won't grow up living close to their relatives. I love spending time with everyone and maybe that would be different if we lived close, just kidding. No but really I would love Alex and Cole to be able to see their grandparents and cousins more. Until next time Utah and that will be our last drive to Utah for a long time. I don't think I will ever be driving from Texas, 20 hours, no thanks. On our drive home we got awesome gas mileage. I think it was 8 miles and we usually get 20. We seriously stopped at least 6 times to get gas, yikes. I also had the piano and hutch refinished before we moved and I LOVE THEM. So all the time, effort, and money spent was totally worth it!!





No comments:
Post a Comment