Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Last Beach Day

It's hard to believe that this was our last beach day living in LA.  The weather was fabulous so we left that morning and spent it at El Porto.  I was always waiting for the day where I could take my kids for the entire day without worrying about drowning and nap time.  Maybe we will live by the beach again someday and when I say live by I mean 10 min away :)
I tried to build a big sand castle with Alex, but they preferred stepping on everything I built.
I broke this cookie out for my Disneyland girls night hangover.  It's one of my favorite treats at Disneyland.
The two cutest boys that love to play in the sand.
They love dried seaweed.  Alex calls it sushi, but they both want it everyday.  Al tells me I'm weird, but he's the weird one that lives in LA and doesn't like it.  
We had a yummy dinner at a oyster bar in Silverlake.  We decided our favorite ones are from Canada.

You don't realize when you take things for granted and this was one of them.  We were so lucky to have weather like this for 5 years.  I kind of feel like its a mean trick to be moving to crazy hot humidity after this, but I'm sure I will survive.
Trying out the new outdoor playground at the mall.  We've been waiting for months for it to open so I'm glad they got to play at it a few times.  
This was the view I was greeted with when I left the mall.  It's hard to imagine living somewhere completely flat after being able to look at these beautiful mountains everyday.  I'm going to miss them.

1 comment:

SupaFlowaPowa said...

You should get al some Chinese seaweed - it's got flavor also but it's not all salted like the Korean kind - they usually wrap about 10 rectangle strips together in one and then about 10 of those together in a strip. It's really good! I love Korean seaweed too but I hate how oily my hands get and it's really meant to be eaten with rice so.... kinda odd - the Chinese seaweed one isn't oily at all! I miss LA too - it's awesome that you got to be there with kids to enjoy it!