Al had to leave Sunday morning which was 4 days after we moved in. It was pouring rain the morning he left and it was General Conference so it made for a very long and sad day. It had finally settled in that we weren't going back to California. I missed Al, my friends, the weather, and our routine in California. I had to keep reminding myself about why we wanted to move and what a blessing it was that Al had the opportunity presented to him. On Tuesday it was my birthday and I tried to plan a few things so I wouldn't feel like a complete loser. Diane was really sweet and met us at the mall and took us to lunch.
Alex coloring at lunch.
So thankful I had these 2 cute boys to spend my birthday with, love them.
My yummy birthday lunch at Neiman Marcus Cafe
On our way out Diane told me she had something for me in her car. She made me close my eyes and when I opened them I saw this. This was Al's present to me and I was so surprised. I've been saying I wanted a desktop Mac forever, but never expected him to buy it. So sweet even though I ended up returning it, haha.
I also had Cole and Alex's picture taken with the Easter Bunny while we were there. I was bummed when I saw the Easter Bunny was brown. We were missing our Bunny at Americana siting outside by the fountains.
That afternoon was low key. Al sent me flowers and my mom sent me some amazing cupcakes. I got lots of texts and messages, but very few phone calls. Doesn't anyone pick up the phone anymore?
That night we met my friend Kristin at Whiskey Cake in Plano. It was really good food and their Whiskey Cake was amazing.
It's so hard to get them both to look at the camera or just take a picture. Alex sang Happy Birthday to me all day long. It was a strange birthday and really hard since I wasn't with Al, but that just means next year has to be really good :) Here's to our new life in Texas








No comments:
Post a Comment