Saturday, May 31, 2014

Friscos Finest

We met Dawn and one of her friends at the zoo one morning.  It is so hard to follow Google maps on the freeways here.  I ended up getting on the wrong freeway, then finding an entrance to get back on the freeway that was closed because of construction, luckily we made it :)   The weather was a little cool that morning, but it ended up being a perfect day!!
Cole was yelling at Alex in this picture.  His new thing is to hit your face, the worst.
This Dallas Zoo is amazing, I was so impressed.  They have a carousel, petting zoo, pony rides, train ride, you can feed the giraffes for $5 and the list goes on.  We didn't get to see everything so we will definitely be going back.
Pony rides turned out to be super lame.  $2 for 1 little lap, but they didn't seem to care which is all that matters.
Cole started screaming when I took him off the horse.
I bought Cole a Dodgers hat before we left LA and he wouldn't wear it so I exchanged it for a Ranges hat for Alex that he looks adorable in.  Too bad he only wore it a couple times and now it just sits in our car.
We took a Saturday trip down to Klyde Warren Park.  I've had about 5 people tell me that I needed to go here, so here we are with the rest of Dallas.  I ended up waiting in line for over an hour at 3 different food trucks getting us all lunch and missed Alex and Cole playing in the fountains.  
The BIG D, our new home.
That night we went to a Frisco Roughriders game which is the minor league team in Frisco.  It was a ton of fun with our new friends in our ward.  Heather and I figured out that I know her sister in law in Utah who I used to be really close with.  Small world!!

No comments: