Tuesday, May 6, 2014

New Mexico

I wish I would have wrote this sooner because I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of the details. We stayed in Flagstaff Arizona and took the kids swimming and sat in the hot tub with crazy strong chemicals. I'm almost positive they had way too much in there or did something wrong.  We had a long drive the next morning from Flagstaff to Albuquerque.  I think the boys were getting used to watching tv all day long, eating snacks, and basically living in the car.  We had lunch in Albuquerque at Subway and then drove past Santa Fe to some cliff dwellings I was excited to see.  We got to the gas station/place to buy tickets  at 3:15 and they told me they closed at 3pm.  I was like wait we just drove 2 hours out of the way to see these, can we at least go look?  No I'm sorry.  Well are you aware your website says they are open until 6pm?  You must have been looking at our summer hours.  Suck!!!  I was so bummed we couldn't see them and Al was irritated we weren't making good time, such a bummer.   Instead we drove to Santa Fe to the Loretto Chapel to see the famous staircase.
The further we drove the colder it got, a sad moment.
The miraculous staircase was pretty amazing.  
Cole was on the go after we left.  I love this picture.  It explains my life everyday.
I wish we could have seen more of Santa Fe, but we were in search for a park for the kids to play at. 
We had a 3 hour drive to Roswell, NM.  The further we got the flatter it got, no more mountains.  The best part of the road trip was whenever Alex said "momma I have to pee pee."  I remember this time specifically because it was sooo windy when we got out of the car and the wind for some reason made him not want to go anymore.  So I pulled up his pants and buckled him back in the car seat.  In the meantime my hat blew off down the freeway and then Al got out of the car and found it, crazy.  
We made it to Roswell and it was the nicest hotel we had stayed in the entire time.  I was laughing so hard about the aliens everywhere.  This one was named Carlos and was in our hotel lobby.  Alex thought he was cool, but Cole was scared of him.

No comments: