Our first morning in Texas was at the Embassy Suites in Frisco and I laughed when Al came over to the table with a Texas shaped waffle.
Coby had been in Dallas all of March training for a new job and Al's Dad was also there for work so we got to meet up for dinner.
That night we stayed at Diane's house. I had only met Diane a few times before moving out here and she has been so kind and welcoming to us. Our moving truck arrived the next morning!!
I thought we would be able to hang out in the house while they moved everything in, but that only lasted for a couple hours. We ended up going back to Diane's for naps and then came back later that night to start unpacking.
Our second night at the house there was a crazy hail storm. I've honestly never seen anything like it and Al's poor car was outside during all of it. We were trying to put the kids to bed when it sounded like our house was getting shot at with a gun. It scared me so bad I looked at Al and was like I don't like this.
We couldn't believe the size of the hail so Al ran outside and grabbed one. That is golf sized hail right there.
Cole and Alex thought it was fun to touch.
Our poor car....8 hail dents, but very little damage compared to a lot of cars we've seen. We have had about 10-15 roofing companies stop by our house in the last 6 weeks. Almost every other house in the neighborhood has a roofing sign in their yard because they got a new roof, so crazy.
My license expired 5 days after we moved to Texas so we had to work fast to license and register our cars. Our car kept failing emissions, but we were able to pull it off and got our new licenses just in time. Here are Cole and Alex at the DMV eating their sushi. I laugh at Cole every time I look at this picture. The girl helping was like what is that...lol
We found a yummy taco place on the way home. There is so much Mexican here I don't know what to do with myself, I love it.
and here we our with our new Texas license plates, hooray!!
Cole and Alex finally have a big area to put all their toys. For the first few days we had all their toys out and Alex never wanted to leave. We would say lets go the store or lets go get food and he would say no mama I want to stay home.
I've been eyeing this teepee for a long time so I was excited to buy it along with that shelve with bins for all their toys.











No comments:
Post a Comment