Monday, November 16, 2015

Halloween 2015

Why is carving pumpkins so much work and why do we always forget to just carve normal triangle faces?  Cole was obsessed with using the knife to cut the pumpkin and kept saying I'm going to cut ya.
Alex was more into watching Charlie Brown and The Great Pumpkin
Al and I ended up carving the pumpkins, but it was still a fun night and we got to spend time together.
Last year I started a tradition where I hide this skeleton every night in October.  One of the last nights I hid him in the car in between their car seats and they thought it was so silly.  They also happened to be wearing their skeleton pajamas that day for their pj boo party at school so it was picture perfect.
The day before Halloween IHop had free scary pancake day for kids so we took them for breakfast.  
I think the last time I ate at IHop was for the same thing 2 years ago, haha.  
On actual Halloween we tried to take them to trick or treating that afternoon in Frisco Square but kept driving when we saw the lines and crowds.  Randomly they decided they wanted to be Ironman and Batman for Halloween.
Cole's Batman costume is like 2 years old and the mask was all shredded so I glued it back together so he could wear it that night, funny boys. 
Getting into character, hilarious.
Halloween is amazing in our neighborhood.  There was a block party down the street with food and hayrides.  The street above ours was shut down with a fire truck and more food, tons of houses had amazing decorations and music.  It was like a movie and the boys were hilarious to watch.
Cole started getting really tired so we went home after a couple hours and let them watch The Night Before Christmas while they had a couple pieces of candy.  It was a fun night.

No comments: